Today’s worldwide demand for energy efficient buildings has immensely increased the performance criteria and requirements for façades. An internationally operating industry is constantly striving to meet the demands by making new façade system developments.
Defining performance criteria, selecting and individually adapting appropriate façade systems to fulfill previously delineated requirements has become one of the most versatile demanding professional challenges for internationally active architects and engineers alike.
The course will provide architects and engineers – who work in an international setting – with German façade engineering expertise that is conveyed by means of internationally renowned façade engineers’ distinguished lectures. A combination of field trips to world leading companies as well as guided tours and practical trainings by experts will grant participants profound insights concerning the details of the latest façade systems.
The course will provide participants with:
- The expertise to define the performance criteria of a façade with respect to the climate zone and site-specific requirements
- The expertise to select an appropriate façade system as well as to adapt thereof to meet project-specific requirements
- An overview of the façade design phases from concept design to on-site installation
- The expertise to check plausibility of the input of all external engineers that are involved within the scope of an interdisciplinary and international planning process of a complex building skin
- The skills to navigate a planning team in the field of façade engineering
This course is developed for architects and engineers who work on façades high performance criteria in an international setting.
During this certificate course, you will obtain new knowledge and skills that you can immediately – and directly – apply to your professional tasks. In this way, you will create added value for yourself and your company.
It may be possible to apply the credit points you earn in the CWE course to further university courses that you might apply for in the future.
Architects and engineers who hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and have at least one year of experience in the field of building science
University Certificate, 5 ECTS*.
American Institute of Architects (AIA), 150 LU**
* European Credit Transfer System
** Learning Units
5,450 EUR course fee, which includes lunch, transfer to sites, overnight stay in Stuttgart at June 29, 2017, test and certificate
4,950 EUR for Early Bird’s registration until February 28, 2017 - Now extended to March 31, 2017!